Sunday, March 11, 2012

Price of Gas

The price of gas just went up in Mexico overnight. It is now $10 pesos per liter which works out to $.785 Canadian. This is about half price to what Canadians are paying right now. For us it is "Almost free" but for Mexicans it has become very expensive. Fellow Blogger Kevin has worked this out to an equivalent of $3.00 US per gallon for those of you who think gallons.

$10 pesos per liter is about 40% higher than it was when we first started coming down to Mexico but like Kevin says, our Canadian dollar is better against the peso now than it was then. Life is still good for Canadians in Mexico but I should have filled up the tank in the motorhome and car before it happened.

2 comments:

  1. ...but I should have filled up the tank in the motorhome and car before it happened.

    lol, me too! And I have to put in 1,000 pesos tomorrow...oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been playing around with Mapquest all day checking distances to and from different places. I hit Canada, wow that is quite a bit of fuel to get home. Ouch!

    I did notice in the U.S., mainly Texas, prices dropped a few cents this week.

    ReplyDelete