Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blogger Question

Blogger (Google) seems to have done some changes recently. One, they have assigned a .mx suffex to my address, I guess because they have detected I am posting from Mexico. I hope this will change when I cross the border.

Second and more important, the quick edit "pencil" icon has disappeared from below my posts. This means I have to go through extra steps to edit a post. I Googled this problem and it is fairly common (mostly in Australia) with no simple fixes being offered. Have any other Blogger users had this problem?

4 comments:

  1. I dunno, but the system is far from perfect, that's for sure. Our "Followers" list seems to have disappeared. Having said that, I don't know if it shows up on other peoples computers, but it doesn't show on either one of ours. Strange.

    I've noticed the .mx ending as well recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pencil comes and goes also. never have figured out why or what to do about it. Help from Blogger sucks. I have never been able to get any real help from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There has been another change to Blogger at least at the receiving end.
    My iPhone now gets Blogger in a different format that is perfect for reading on the tiny screen. Not sure if it's the same on other mobile devices but it is a great enhancement since so many now use smart phones and not computers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only get the pencil if I 'view blog' from the dashboard. If I go directly there via the address line I don't get it.

    I don't see a .mx on the end of your url, if that is what you mean. I've been here in Honduras for 17 months and don't think anything changed in mine. Of course, a lot of the time I'm posting from a US Military network which shows as US. Maybe you see it because you are actually logging in from a mx network? I know I play heck getting an English google when I'm logged on at home (local hn network).

    I kept the old versions on as much as I can and havn't had any of the issues that everyone else is always complaining about. Of course, now that I've said that out loud I probably will. :)

    ReplyDelete